Staying Connected To Those You Love
Whether it’s for a long-term or rehabilitation stay, it’s only natural for new residents to feel anxious about keeping up with their family members. However, there are ways to make this transition smoother, through the use of technology. Devices with internet access can help your loved ones connect not only with family but also with fellow residents and staff members. Sharing their lives enables the social interaction that is so important for a better quality of life.
At Arbors at Sylvania, our residents are shown how to:
- Use Facebook to keep up with the day-to-day moments in their family
- Make calls using Facetime to feel more connected
- Skype with friends or family at events that are too far away
- Receive emails from their loved ones and arrange visits
- Watch TV or catch up on exclusive channels
- Read the news and keep up with current events
- Pass the time using apps and games
- Download books to read and discuss with staff and other residents
Since we introduced wi-fi access to our residents a few years ago, we’ve noticed that residents’ moods are improved in a big way. Because they can stay in touch, they feel like they can still be a part of family activities and special events. Even if they can’t be there in person, seeing the faces of their loved ones lets them know they still play a vital role in the relationship. This feeling of connection ensures the emotional well-being of all our residents.
Of course, it may seem like a simple thing to have internet access available for your loved one. But, it makes all the difference between getting through the day and living it. At Arbors at Sylvania, our primary goal is helping our residents get the most out of life. We are always available for any questions or concerns you may have. Contact us about wi-fi access or anything else that’s on your mind!